FTL is a building envelope consultant and testing organization. Founded in 1994, we have worked with building owners, developers, architects, building officials, designers and building contractors to provide advice and assistance to identify and resolve performance issues.
We are an independent consulting firm with full service consulting, engineering, testing, inspections and forensic investigations for new and existing buildings. Our thorough understanding of building construction has broaden our scope to include our expertise in exterior façade, roofing, waterproofing and building forensics; providing review all architectural drawings, evaluation of calculations, test reports and shop drawings. Therefore, reducing the liability risk in construction for architects, contractors and owners.
Our mission is to provide our clients with unsurpassed technical consulting services, thorough understanding of our clients expectations, project needs, construction budgets and the building owner’s project requirements. We pride ourselves by performing our assignments with meticulous attention to detail and our personal commitment to professional quality. FTL strives to offer professional services to our clients to allow our customers to be more efficient and profitable.
Our areas of expertise also include:
- Architectural glazing: performance requirements, review of drawings, calculations, test reports and specifications
- Curtain walls: review of drawings, calculations, test reports and specifications
- Structural glass systems: review of drawings, calculations, test reports and specifications
- Roofing: provide inspections, review of drawings, test reports and specifications
- Skylights: provide inspections, review of drawings, test reports and specifications
- In-plant inspections and monitoring of assembly of samples
- Construction monitoring inspections
- Owner-Developer field representation
- Review architectural performance requirements, calculations, test reports, drawings and specifications
- Review of field shop drawings
- Monitor quality assurance programs
- Perform jobsite field testing to AAMA and ASTM standards